- Episode 18: The Rise and Fall of Instant MessengersFri 26 April 2019
Chris and Serge wax poetic about instant messengers of the past, their influence on Free Software, on communication and ways that they impacted each of their lives.
- Episode 17: ActivityPub Part 2Fri 19 April 2019
In our ongoing series about ActivityPub, Chris and Serge explore the world of JSON-LD and the ActivityStreams vocabulary.
- Episode 16: Behind the Scenes 2019Fri 12 April 2019
Are you ready for a meta episode? Curious about how Libre Lounge gets made? This show is for you as Serge and Chris talk about their goals for Libre Lounge and the process for making a show in 2019.
- Episode 15: At Libre Planet with Sean O'BrienFri 05 April 2019
We're still at Libre Planet 2019 and we're talking to Sean O'Brien from the Yale Privacy Lab and Purism about personal security, phones, and how stores use sounds you can't hear to spy on you.
- Episode 14: Secure Scuttlebutt with Joey HessFri 29 March 2019
Libre Lounge comes to you with an interview from Libre Planet with Joey Hess discussing the Secure Scuttbutt project, a secure social network. The interview goes into detail about the protocol, differences between SSB and ActivityPub, and how Secure Scuttlebutt is a like Git.
- Episode 13: Object Capabilities with Kate SillsFri 15 March 2019
The Libre Lounge crew invite Kate Sills from Agoric to help explain and explore Object Capabilities, an alternative to traditional ACL (Access Control List) or authentication based mechanisms.
- Episode 12: ActivityPub Part 1Fri 08 March 2019
Join us for the first in an ongoing series on ActivityPub Chris and Serge dive into ActivityPub, explaining how the social networking protocol works, how it handles different audiences, understanding the Subject-Verb-Object model of communication, as well as how following and followers work.
- Episode 11: What is Federation? Reviewpub.Fri 22 February 2019
Serge and Chris talk about the concept of Fedederation, how ActivityPub fits in and Serge introduces a new project called ReviewPub to create a simple ActivityPub implementation that listeners can follow along with.
- Episode 10: FOSDEM, CopyleftConf and SpritelyTue 12 February 2019
Chris and Serge are back from FOSDEM and CopyleftConf. Chris has a grant to work on an exciting new ActivityPub application and the dynamic duo talk about recursive compilation and Lisp without parentheis.
- Episode 9: Funding Free Software Development (pt2)Fri 25 January 2019
Chris and Serge continue their discussion from last time about Free Software funding models.
- Episode 8: Funding Free Software Development (pt1)Fri 18 January 2019
In this first part of a two parter, Serge and Chris talk about funding models for Free Software development.
- Episode 7: Free, Remix and Youtube CultureTue 15 January 2019
In this episode of Libre Lounge, Serge and Chris talk about the Free Culture movement and contrast it with other forms of Free Culture online, including the Remix movement and "Youtube culture".
- Episode 6: Free Software Video Games!Fri 04 January 2019
In this first of the year episode, Chris and Serge take a break from heady topics and talk about a few of their favorite Free Software video games.
- Episode 5: Karen Sandler and Software Freedom ConservancyFri 28 December 2018
In their first interview, Chris and Serge interview Karen Sandler, Executive Director of Software Freedom Conservancy, Founder of Outreachy, and co-host of the Free as in Freedom podcast.
- Episode 4: The Universal Declaration of Human Rights and Free SoftwareFri 14 December 2018
In this episode of Libre Lounge, Chris sits down with Serge to talk about the Universal Declaration of Human rights and discuss how they relate to Free Software.
- Episode 3: Hacker Culture, Past, Belonging and InclusionSat 08 December 2018
In this episode of Libre Lounge, Serge and Chris go back to the roots of hacker culture starting in the 1950s and 1960s and connecting that with the hacker culture of today, its challenges and how it needs to evolve moving forward.
- Episode 2: Thanksgiving, NPM and Malware in Free SoftwareFri 30 November 2018
In their second episode, Serge and Chris return from Thanksgiving thinking about malware in Free Software, specifically the NPM bitcoin attack found in event-streamer
- Episode 1: Corporate control, org-mode, mobile phones and PDAsTue 20 November 2018
In their premiere episode, Chris and Serge jump into a variety of topics: Corporate control of Free Software, Time management systems, Free Software mobile devices and PDAs that ran GNU/Linux.