Libre Lounge is a podcast where we casually discuss various topics involving user freedom, crossing free software, free culture, network and hosting freedom, and libre hardware designs. We discuss everything from policy and licensing to deep dives on technical topics... whatever seems interesting that week. Sometimes we even have guests!
Sounds fun! How do I listen?
Subscribe with your favorite podcatcher via:
Don't have a favorite podcatcher? We like Antennapod.
Episodes and news
- 26: Announcing DataShardsFri 16 August 2019
Chris and Serge have an exciting announcement in the form of a new project called DataShards!
- 25: Managing Spam and Hate-Speech on the FediverseFri 02 August 2019
Serge and Chris have been busy working on a plan to keep the Fediverse safe from spam, scammers and hate speech. On this episode of Libre Lounge, they share that plan with the world.
- Episode 24: Hackers and Hackerspaces with Mitch AltmanFri 28 June 2019
What are Hackers? What are Hackerspaces? What makes us feel a sense of purpose and belonging? What are the origins of the term Open Source and Maker, and what do they have to do with one another? Mitch Altman brings clarity on all these topics and more when he joins Chris and Serge for this episode of Libre Lounge!
- Episode 23: Guix with Ludovic CourtèsFri 21 June 2019
On this episode of Libre Lounge we get on Ludovic Courtès to talk about the Guix package manager and distribution, functional package management, reproducibility, and bootstrapping!
- Episode 22: Dungeons & Dragons, Free Culture, and Diversity with Sean HillmanFri 14 June 2019
On this episode, Serge sits down with game creator Sean Hillman and discusses Dungeons and Dragons, the Open Gaming License and how Free Culture encourages diversity.
- Episode 21: Command Line CultureFri 31 May 2019
Chris and Serge take a walk down memory lane of old computers, programming environments and the command line. During this trip, they deconstruct the appeal of the command line, unix culture and ways that the aesthetics of the terminal have held us back.
- Episode 20: ActivityPub Part 3Fri 17 May 2019
In this episode of Libre Lounge, Chris and Serge continue exploring ActivityPub. They use this episode to discuss webfinger, http signatures and some of the parts of the ActivityPub protocol that are less well understood.
- Episode 19: Community Development with Deb NicholsonFri 10 May 2019
Serge sits down with both Chris and Deb Nicholson to discuss building and maintaining a healthy Free Software community.
- Episode 18: The Rise and Fall of Instant MessengersFri 26 April 2019
Chris and Serge wax poetic about instant messengers of the past, their influence on Free Software, on communication and ways that they impacted each of their lives.
- Episode 17: ActivityPub Part 2Fri 19 April 2019
In our ongoing series about ActivityPub, Chris and Serge explore the world of JSON-LD and the ActivityStreams vocabulary.