Libre Lounge is a podcast where we casually discuss various topics involving user freedom, crossing free software, free culture, network and hosting freedom, and libre hardware designs. We discuss everything from policy and licensing to deep dives on technical topics... whatever seems interesting that week. Sometimes we even have guests!
Sounds fun! How do I listen?
Subscribe with your favorite podcatcher via:
Don't have a favorite podcatcher? We like Antennapod.
Episodes and news
- Episode 22: Dungeons & Dragons, Free Culture, and Diversity with Sean HillmanFri 14 June 2019
On this episode, Serge sits down with game creator Sean Hillman and discusses Dungeons and Dragons, the Open Gaming License and how Free Culture encourages diversity.
- Episode 21: Command Line CultureFri 31 May 2019
Chris and Serge take a walk down memory lane of old computers, programming environments and the command line. During this trip, they deconstruct the appeal of the command line, unix culture and ways that the aesthetics of the terminal have held us back.
- Episode 20: ActivityPub Part 3Fri 17 May 2019
In this episode of Libre Lounge, Chris and Serge continue exploring ActivityPub. They use this episode to discuss webfinger, http signatures and some of the parts of the ActivityPub protocol that are less well understood.
- Episode 19: Community Development with Deb NicholsonFri 10 May 2019
Serge sits down with both Chris and Deb Nicholson to discuss building and maintaining a healthy Free Software community.
- Episode 18: The Rise and Fall of Instant MessengersFri 26 April 2019
Chris and Serge wax poetic about instant messengers of the past, their influence on Free Software, on communication and ways that they impacted each of their lives.
- Episode 17: ActivityPub Part 2Fri 19 April 2019
In our ongoing series about ActivityPub, Chris and Serge explore the world of JSON-LD and the ActivityStreams vocabulary.
- Episode 16: Behind the Scenes 2019Fri 12 April 2019
Are you ready for a meta episode? Curious about how Libre Lounge gets made? This show is for you as Serge and Chris talk about their goals for Libre Lounge and the process for making a show in 2019.
- Episode 15: At Libre Planet with Sean O'BrienFri 05 April 2019
We're still at Libre Planet 2019 and we're talking to Sean O'Brien from the Yale Privacy Lab and Purism about personal security, phones, and how stores use sounds you can't hear to spy on you.
- Episode 14: Secure Scuttlebutt with Joey HessFri 29 March 2019
Libre Lounge comes to you with an interview from Libre Planet with Joey Hess discussing the Secure Scuttbutt project, a secure social network. The interview goes into detail about the protocol, differences between SSB and ActivityPub, and how Secure Scuttlebutt is a bit like Git.
- Episode 13: Object Capabilities with Kate SillsFri 15 March 2019
The Libre Lounge crew invite Kate Sills from Agoric to help explain and explore Object Capabilities, an alternative to traditional ACL (Access Control List) or authentication based mechanisms.