Libre Lounge is a podcast where we casually discuss various topics involving user freedom, crossing free software, free culture, network and hosting freedom, and libre hardware designs. We discuss everything from policy and licensing to deep dives on technical topics... whatever seems interesting that week. Sometimes we even have guests!
Sounds fun! How do I listen?
Subscribe with your favorite podcatcher via:
Don't have a favorite podcatcher? We like Antennapod.
Episodes and news
- Episode 18: The Rise and Fall of Instant MessengersFri 26 April 2019
Chris and Serge wax poetic about instant messengers of the past, their influence on Free Software, on communication and ways that they impacted each of their lives.
- Episode 17: ActivityPub Part 2Fri 19 April 2019
In our ongoing series about ActivityPub, Chris and Serge explore the world of JSON-LD and the ActivityStreams vocabulary.
- Episode 16: Behind the Scenes 2019Fri 12 April 2019
Are you ready for a meta episode? Curious about how Libre Lounge gets made? This show is for you as Serge and Chris talk about their goals for Libre Lounge and the process for making a show in 2019.
- Episode 15: At Libre Planet with Sean O'BrienFri 05 April 2019
We're still at Libre Planet 2019 and we're talking to Sean O'Brien from the Yale Privacy Lab and Purism about personal security, phones, and how stores use sounds you can't hear to spy on you.
- Episode 14: Secure Scuttlebutt with Joey HessFri 29 March 2019
Libre Lounge comes to you with an interview from Libre Planet with Joey Hess discussing the Secure Scuttbutt project, a secure social network. The interview goes into detail about the protocol, differences between SSB and ActivityPub, and how Secure Scuttlebutt is a like Git.
- Episode 13: Object Capabilities with Kate SillsFri 15 March 2019
The Libre Lounge crew invite Kate Sills from Agoric to help explain and explore Object Capabilities, an alternative to traditional ACL (Access Control List) or authentication based mechanisms.
- Episode 12: ActivityPub Part 1Fri 08 March 2019
Join us for the first in an ongoing series on ActivityPub Chris and Serge dive into ActivityPub, explaining how the social networking protocol works, how it handles different audiences, understanding the Subject-Verb-Object model of communication, as well as how following and followers work.
- Episode 11: What is Federation? Reviewpub.Fri 22 February 2019
Serge and Chris talk about the concept of Fedederation, how ActivityPub fits in and Serge introduces a new project called ReviewPub to create a simple ActivityPub implementation that listeners can follow along with.
- Episode 10: FOSDEM, CopyleftConf and SpritelyTue 12 February 2019
Chris and Serge are back from FOSDEM and CopyleftConf. Chris has a grant to work on an exciting new ActivityPub application and the dynamic duo talk about recursive compilation and Lisp without parentheis.
- Episode 9: Funding Free Software Development (pt2)Fri 25 January 2019
Chris and Serge continue their discussion from last time about Free Software funding models.