Libre Lounge is a podcast where we casually discuss various topics involving user freedom, crossing free software, free culture, network and hosting freedom, and libre hardware designs. We discuss everything from policy and licensing to deep dives on technical topics... whatever seems interesting that week. Sometimes we even have guests!
Libre Lounge is produced and hosted by Serge Wroclawski.
Sounds fun! How do I listen?
Subscribe with your favorite podcatcher via:
Don't have a favorite podcatcher? We like Antennapod.
Episodes and news
- 39: MNT Reform with Lukas HartmannWed 27 May 2020
The MNT Reform is a Free Hardware laptop that entirely changes the way laptops are desgined and used. Come with us as we talk with the inventor, Lukas Hartmann about his journey into Free Software, the MNT's development and what the future holds on this episode of Libre Lounge!
- 38: User Interfaces with Máirín DuffyFri 15 May 2020
In this episode, Chris and Serge talk with User Interface expert Máirín Duffy about her history with Free Software, user interface in modern GNU/Linux systems and what developers can do to make better programs.
- 37: What on Earth will be the title of this epsiode?Sun 03 May 2020
Serge and Chris have an conversation about a variety of topics including gender, real vs virtual life, language and pronouns.
- 36: David Revoy on Pepper & Carrot and Free CultureFri 17 April 2020
Serge and Chris sit down with award winning artist and Free Culture activist David Revoy on his webcomic series Pepper and Carrot, the Sintel film, and how he started his Free Software/Free Culture journey.
- 35: COVID and EARN-IT with Sean O'BrienWed 08 April 2020
CW: This episode has dark themes and may be challenging for those suffering from depression
- 34: The Limits of the AGPLFri 03 April 2020
Serge and Chris briefly discuss space games before a deep dive concern about the Affero General Public License.
- 33: Chris's Return, Covid and Social GamingThu 26 March 2020
Chris returns to Libre Lounge for a casual conversation about their work, gender identity and social gaming during the era of COVID-19.
- Coronovirus AnnouncementTue 17 March 2020
Serge has some personal words about Coronovirus, and how Libre Lounge is responding.
- 32: Companies, Money and Society with Frank KarlitschekFri 28 February 2020
In this episode, Serge sits down with Frank Karlitschek, the founder and president of Nextcloud about why Frank forked his own company, the influence of money in software companies and the necessity of federation in the future of computing.
- 31: Society and Free Software with Molly de BlancSat 25 January 2020
In this episode, Serge sits down with Molly de Blanc, long time Free Software activist and leader, now president of the Open Source Initiative about the intersection of Free Software and society, and where we as a community are moving.